i.MX515 ProjectRetail-Oriented Kioskin category Applications & Software
proposed by candersononcue on 17th October 2012
Project ProposalI propose a project that takes an iMX6-based board and uses it as a single board computer for a retail-oriented kiosk. This kiosk would perform the following tasks in a retail environment:
1. Perform price lookups based on barcode scans from a Honeywell or Symbol barcode scanner, using a serial or USB interface.
2. Print coupons using a USB printer.
3. Read credit card information for transactions, using a USB mag stripe reader.
4. Deliver multimedia content for movie previews, as a gateway to Netflix or a new movie rental kiosk service, similar to RedBox.
5. Connect to cloud services and send promotional flyers to smartphone users entering a store.
This system would be based around Arch or Debian ARM Linux, or Android 4.04+. My company would be interested in possibly purchasing an iMX6-based board, in large quantities, within the year.
Project Blog Entries
No blog entries for this project