Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:31 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Back on sale again here:

http://www.directron.com/efika.html

R&B :)

Sadly - nothing for us here in Europe. The postage is twice the Efika's price. It wouldn't be using normail mail services, but I do not see such option on directron. Well, I guess I have to live without Efika.
It's been like that since board release. That was LAST November.

Posting to the Czech Republic from the Genesi Store, a single Efika cost $80 shipping.

However if you buy 10 of them, the shipping was around $120 in a bundle, which means everybody saves. UPS shipping stacks by weight and combined box size, with a healthy base charge. It is not per unit.

Why not contact your local reseller, find the users nearby and do a "usergroup" thing to pool your resources?

It may not end up $99 but it will certainly be cheaper all round. The number of resellers willing to sell a 145 EUR Efika though are quite few, it seems we created some strange hopes and expectations out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:26 am 

Quote:
Why not contact your local reseller, find the users nearby and do a "usergroup" thing to pool your resources?

It may not end up $99 but it will certainly be cheaper all round. The number of resellers willing to sell a 145 EUR Efika though are quite few, it seems we created some strange hopes and expectations out there.
Yes I know. I found some people already, I'll try to find as many as possible. I hope it won't be too late then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:40 am 

Hi! I contacted a lot of people about this great offer in the Czech Republic. Thanks Neko for info, I'm in contact with interested person #7 via ICQ :-) and he wanted to know shipping cost, so there is now 7 people interested in $99 EFIKA from Directron via Czech Pegasos User Group email conference (4 new today). It's great :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi! I contacted a lot of people about this great offer in the Czech Republic. Thanks Neko for info, I'm in contact with interested person #7 via ICQ :-) and he wanted to know shipping cost, so there is now 7 people interested in $99 EFIKA from Directron via Czech Pegasos User Group email conference (4 new today). It's great :-)
Okay, just coordinate with Directron and see if they can give you a quote, also be aware of the customs charges.. but they should be little to none, the kind you can pay out of your wallet.

Hopefully one day we will have a much better distribution network in place for this kind of thing. I don't think we will give away so many systems again - meaning it will be down to resellers to pick up the slack and make the board affordable, locally. I also don't think we will ever drive the price down so hard ever again, so it should be easier for the people with pocketbooks to manage :)