All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Demo Image
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:43 am 
Genesi

There is a EFIKA Demo Image for µnOS on the way from Miray Software. Please post your interest here if you would like to betatest this on your EFIKA.

Thanks Miray! Good work!

R&B :)

Post subject: Re: Demo Image
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
There is a EFIKA Demo Image for µnOS on the way from Miray Software. Please post your interest here if you would like to betatest this on your EFIKA.

Thanks Miray! Good work!

We also still have a copy of the Pegasos munOS test CD, this will go up on Platform Support with all the legacy Pegasos support data soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:39 am 

i want it !
my interest ? just a selfish neverending interest and devotion to the platform. Pure end-user point of view.
But will it be enough to be eligible ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:21 pm 

I would be happy to try it out and maybe write an article about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:08 pm 

Quote:
and i'd be happy to translate it into french. Maybe something we could include in the Efika book ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:11 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
and i'd be happy to translate it into french. Maybe something we could include in the Efika book ?
Why not just submit it to me and we'll make it into an article on Power Developer?

Just because there is no big "SUBMIT ARTICLES HERE!!" button or moderation queue any of you can see, doesn't mean we won't accept such things :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:27 am 

This project interests me as well, although I'm a bit of a fan of alternate OS projects.
I've Gentoo and Debian running on the Efika already, diskless (tftp netboot/NFS root) and local installs. I'm curious to see how this runs. Is it possible to run it diskless, i.e. kernel boot over TFTP and with a root filesystem located on a server over the network?

--muriani

Post subject: Development progress
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:11 am 

Thank you for your interest on a µnOS Demo Image for EFIKA. The Miray development team is working on it and will be very happy to make the demo available to you as soon as possible. Also, we are looking forward to contacting with you, if you want to make some publications on µnOS and EFIKA.

For the time being, we are very proud to announce that after some more development work we made further process on EFIKA. We succeeded in the integration of several drivers. Now we are able to access USB devices in general. The implementation of several device classes is in the works. You can already use a keyboard and mouse to operate the system.

More to come! Stay tuned! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:19 am 

good to hear that ! i'm really looking forward to try it. For contact you can use the email adress in my profile as far as i'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm 

The same for me. Just drop me a mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:15 pm 

Email in the signature for me.
My work is mostly diskless at the moment, but I've got a full setup to work with as well. I'm eager to try it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:39 am 

Three cheers on EFIKA!

No long period of time passes without further advancement on this platform. We are able to access USB mass storage devices, like USB drives, floppies, and hard discs. The implementation of more device support is in the works.

Hang in there! :D

P.S.: How ´bout the smileys? How can you express your emotions without emoticons? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:54 am 

gooood news !!!
go on go on go on !!!
thanks for the report, it's good to see you're making progress that fast ! :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:42 am 

Good news about our favorite EFIKA.

There is a PCI-service available in Symobi now. It uses the RTAS interface to access any PCI-device. This yields major progress since Symobi can now access arbitrary graphic cards. They are accessible without changing the drivers or adapting the system. Still, all cards have to be initialized by OF.

More to come! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:23 pm 
Genesi

We are looking forward to a general release. We are very pleased to hear about your progress. There are a couple of scalable and real-time embedded targets we have in mind when things are ready. The separation of the drivers from the operating system core is an interesting feature.