All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: New MOL website
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:00 am 

Hi everyone!

I've created a new project and website for MOL to help inspire further development. I've also started a documentation wiki, which is sorely needed at this point. If you're interested in checking out the source, helping with documentation or just bookmarking it for later, you can find the new project here:

http://mac-on-linux.sourceforge.net

Please feel free to add bugs and feature requests to the tracker, along with any other feedback you might have.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:18 am 
Genesi

Hi Jose, thanks for that.

Bigger Question: SourceForge as a resource. Have a look into VA Software (Public, NASDAQ:LNUX). Look at the business model and the purpose/foundation. Long term that may not be the place you want to "deposit" such a product. The dividend paid in return may not be commensurate with the investment made. More on this later...

This has nothing to do with the effort you have made. Thank you. We only seek to open your eye to a more sublime reality.

Sincerely,
R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am 

My reason for placing the new site on Sourceforge is that it is a relatively stable public repository for a large number of open source applications. In the event that I disappear (like Samuel did) someone could easily take over the project. If I were to host the project myself, the project would be orphaned as it is now (maconlinux.org). I chose Sourceforge simply because Berlios (my other option) has reliability issues. I'm open to moving the project again if there is a compelling reason to. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:36 am 

Quote:
I chose Sourceforge simply because Berlios (my other option) has reliability issues. I'm open to moving the project again if there is a compelling reason to. :)
How about alioth.debian.org?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm 

Alioth only offers CVS, which as I quickly found out, many people would rather not use. MOL is currently stored in an SVN repo on sourceforge. Thanks for the suggestion though.

In other MOL news, the current SVN version can now boot from compressed/sparse qcow disk images. Additionally, there are a number of MacOS 9 bug fixes. Please give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

ndansmith has also been helping to add to the documentation effort. I hope to have completed the user documentation before the next release.

If you have any bug reports, feature requests, etc., please let me know by adding a bug to the tracker.

Thanks!