All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: EFIKA & MorphOS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:35 am 
Genesi

EFIKA & MorphOS

We will be collecting and publishing more screenshots of MorphOS on the EFIKA as soon as we can.

Best regards,
R&B :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:15 pm 

please collect and publish MorphOS itself hehe

thanks for the shots !
It's good to see all these apps running on MOS 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:55 pm 
Can't wait to see that on my own Efika :-)

Post subject: Re: EFIKA & MorphOS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 pm 

Quote:
We will be collecting and publishing more screenshots of MorphOS on the EFIKA as soon as we can.
Well, i have a few shots here. Take a look on Efika-MorphOS-#?.png files. :) Nothing revolutionary though, just some well-known MorphOS apps running on my Efika.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:12 am 
Genesi

We will collect more and do it again.

YouTube videos would be good too. 8)

R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:45 am 

Chain-Q, what are you using in the "Efika-LinuxXX.jpg" images there? It doesn't look like any Linux desktop i've seen.
Just curious... :)

[EDIT] Never mind, I see what you did there... I'm disappointed though. I wanted Workbench for Linux :p [/EDIT]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:51 am 

Quote:
Chain-Q, what are you using in the "Efika-LinuxXX.jpg" images there? It doesn't look like any Linux desktop i've seen.
Just curious... :)
The shots were done when i was installing Linux ony my Efika, through TFTP and serial console. I used my good old faithful Amiga 2000 as TFTP server and terminal for that, to increase the coolness factor... :)
Quote:
[EDIT] Never mind, I see what you did there... I'm disappointed though. I wanted Workbench for Linux :p [/EDIT]
Well, it's not really workbench what's missing, but the look & feel of a proper computer... ;]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:52 am 

Quote:
R&B, who said there are no YouTube videos? :)

Please accept my humble contribution here (comments are welcome):

Last edited by Leon on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
R&B, who said there are no YouTube videos? :)

Please accept my humble contribution here (comments are welcome):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9vMWA8bieg
Some notes:

The website is for Efika *NOT* www.pegasosppc.com. If you want a cute link PLEASE use www.genesi-usa.com/efika (you don't need the .php)

I think Bill meant video as in video not a slideshow.

Isn't that music copyrighted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am 

I removed the "slideshow video".

I spent my whole day making it. Wanted to make something for the community.

I linked to pegasosppc.com on purpose, so anyone would choose between the system board and the thin client.

A "not bad" would be my prize and more than encouraging.

OK, no more "videos". Perfect attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I removed the "slideshow video".

I spent my whole day making it. Wanted to make something for the community.

I linked to pegasosppc.com on purpose, so anyone would choose between the system board and the thin client.

A "not bad" would be my prize and more than encouraging.

OK, no more "videos". Perfect attitude.
Well, if you come up with something more interesting than slideshows we already saw all the pictures, and music which will get the YouTube banhammer onto your account, feel free to post it here.

Getting the domain wrong, that is constructive criticism, if you cannot take constructive criticism, simply stop making anything at all. Or accept that nothing you do is perfect and someone will always complain, and ignore them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 pm 

Quote:
Well, if you come up with something more interesting than slideshows we already saw all the pictures
I did not did it for YOU.

It is obvious that YOU may have seen all the images, no doubt for that.

There could be people whom that video could have helped.

I know what constructive criticism is. With a little care and positive approach rather than "Let's burn all the ships" it delivers the message. I would call what you do is "destructive" rather than "constructive".

It wasn't a bad video. It was a 4 min. collection of all the 100 images found in the ev.species' blog. Discovering and displaying the images one by one takes an important amount of effort and time. The video had a kind of summary of all the images and could have directed some people to the Efika and maybe to "your" site as well.

I am strongly against this kind of attitude. What you do is destructive criticism.

Say the same for lots of garbage content on Aminet or on the net. Let's delete them too. "Hey your .med sounds really bad, let's pack your things and leave!" , "What a bad looking wallpaper, leave this community at once!"

I remember it was the perfect attitude and joy of sharing of content which made up this community.

I did it as a member of the community. Not as an employee of any professional company. I agree about the copyright issue - I totally skipped it- and would have reuploaded it with a different kind of music.

It could have done the job. It still can. I just realize I did it wrong by sharing it here.

Sorry that I've caused tension.

Last edited by Leon on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:29 pm 
Genesi

Hi Leon, we appreciate your effort and we do think many people can enjoy that video. Do confuse our appreciation with Matt's reaction.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Say the same for lots of garbage content on Aminet or on the net. Let's delete them too. "Hey your .med sounds really bad, let's pack your things and leave!" , "What a bad looking wallpaper, leave this community at once!"
Imagine you are a journalist reviewing Aminet software. Do you just list every item, review it and give them 5 stars for effort?

Imagine what the magazine industry would be like if they did not publish "50 World's Stupidest Movie Moments" or "Top 10 Crappiest Videogames". They would have nothing to say month to month, it is practically the bedrock of the industry.

Sometimes you have to point out negative aspects of things, and sometimes it is as important and entertaining as the media itself being criticised.
Quote:
I agree about the copyright issue - I totally skipped it- and would have reuploaded it with a different kind of music.
Indeed. To be honest, the guy who wrote the music does not care, but I am sure YouTube has a strict policy on copyrighted material. If it was not part of the deals they have just made with EMI and so on, it would have been taken off the site.

If you want to publish a movie advertising MorphOS, I made a couple of suggestions; one, is to use some interesting content. Not a slideshow of "MediaLogger" and "CPUstat". Two, is to use the right URL for the product, it is not much worth telling people they should drink Coca Cola and sending them to the Pepsi website. Three, there are reams of public domain music and imagery on the internet to spice it up.
Quote:
Sorry that I've caused tension.
The tension caused is only in your reaction to some harmless commentary on what *I* think you did wrong with your video. I don't think you could say they are not valid criticisms, and you did ask for comments.

Try again. I am sure you are capable of much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 am 

Quote:
I think Bill meant video as in video not a slideshow.
Actually, this whole video mess what happenned is caused by a misunderstanding. I promised BBRV a YouTube version of our Efika presentation, held at SceneCON 2007. With mentioning YouTube, in reply to one of my posts, they wanted to motivate me, to finally finish that version of the video... :) Anyway, now it's online. Not on YouTube though, but Google Video. We selected that, because YouTube only allows videos less than 10 minutes, but our presentation was nearly 60 minutes. And we didn't want to cut it to that tiny pieces.