All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 pm
Posts: 5
been meaning to put up some links here for ages

http://ausil.us/smartbook/smartbook-rootfs-f13.tar.bz2
http://ausil.us/smartbook/boot.tar.bz2

put the unpacked boot tarball on the first partition on a sdcard formated ext3 and the unpacked rootfs on the second partion formated ext4. insert the sdcard into a efika machine and boot. it will boot the fedora 13 XFCE image.


it is using fbdev for X


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am
Posts: 86
Location: Central Europe
Thanks, Dennis :)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:41 am
Posts: 1066
Thanks, great news! I'll test it next week, once back at home at my computers.

I have also seen ARM activity on the Fedora devel mailing list, about porting Fedora 15. What is the current status? There were no more posts or wiki updates ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architect ... _Bootstrap ) since mid July...

_________________
CzP
http://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 am
Posts: 13
That works really nicely, Thank You. :D


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:44 pm
Posts: 13
Location: TX
I never could get F13 to boot properly on my Efika MX, I'll try this in a few days. Also, you can monitor the Fedora on ARM progress via their IRC channel at #fedora-arm on Freenode(irc.freenode.net)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 pm
Posts: 5
Quote:
Thanks, great news! I'll test it next week, once back at home at my computers.

I have also seen ARM activity on the Fedora devel mailing list, about porting Fedora 15. What is the current status? There were no more posts or wiki updates ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architect ... _Bootstrap ) since mid July...
It is still moving along, there is a couple of hurdles remaining but it shouldnt be too far off, we will then be skipping f16 and going straight to rawhide to catch up and hopefully do a f17 release at the same time as the primary arches.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2
Quote:
That works really nicely, Thank You. :D
Is the Fedora 13 build fairly complete and stable for the efika MX smarttop?
Is it suitable for general use/development or is it better to stick to Debian - especially for an ARM noob like myself!

Wow! I just noticed my join date and post count! A bit freaky eh? :shock:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 pm
Posts: 5
Quote:
Quote:
That works really nicely, Thank You. :D
Is the Fedora 13 build fairly complete and stable for the efika MX smarttop?
Is it suitable for general use/development or is it better to stick to Debian - especially for an ARM noob like myself!

Wow! I just noticed my join date and post count! A bit freaky eh? :shock:
its very stable and complete. there is some of the multimedia bits that are not as good as they could be. if your used to fedora then id say it will be fine.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2
Quote:
its very stable and complete. there is some of the multimedia bits that are not as good as they could be. if your used to fedora then id say it will be fine.
Thank you for that feedback!
I will take a look for myself.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Bowling Green, KY
hey, does anyone know the default root password?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 pm
Posts: 5
Quote:
hey, does anyone know the default root password?
it should be fedoraarm though it could also be just fedora.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
PowerDeveloper.org: Copyright © 2004-2012, Genesi USA, Inc. The Power Architecture and Power.org wordmarks and the Power and Power.org logos and related marks are trademarks and service marks licensed by Power.org.
All other names and trademarks used are property of their respective owners. Privacy Policy
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group