All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am 

Hi

I'm running the default ubuntu maverick install, and it works fine. However the screen seems to flicker in horisontal lines. Actually many lcd screens does that, but it can be very difficult to see if you are not looking closely.

In most cases you can not see it, but with some colors the flickering becomes very clear and annoying. Much more than normal. For example on the gdm login screen the flickering is very prominent on the right side. So I have to choose theme and backgrounds that makes the flickering less prominent.

Should it be like that? Otherwise the screen seems ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 pm 
Genesi

Hi.

There can be a little bit of flicker in certain circumstances, but it should not be prominent.
It could be that yours has a hardware defect, so please contact your reseller for a replacement under warranty.

Johan.

Yep, I have a blog... PurpleAlienPlanet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:25 pm 

Okay, I see. Well I am a little picky about screens, so it could be that my screen is normal afterall.

Will investigate it a little, I'll try to find the colors that makes the flickering visible.