All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 pm 

How do you emulate a right-click using the trackpad? I need it to open the application context menu or for panel configuration in Gnome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
How do you emulate a right-click using the trackpad? I need it to open the application context menu or for panel configuration in Gnome.
See the two little white lines? They are your mouse buttons. Depress the trackpad just there and it will click - it is a physical microswitch like a normal mouse button.

Alternatively, the MENU key (right next to right-alt and right-ctrl) will do what you want.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 am 

Quote:
See the two little white lines? They are your mouse buttons. Depress the trackpad just there and it will click - it is a physical microswitch like a normal mouse button.
This does not seem to work. I checked with xev and it always says "button 1". I'm running a rather new system with kernel 2.6.31.14.12 (shipped last week, thanks!).

Edit: My bad! I did not read carefully enough--it is actually "a physical microswitch", and, of course, just tipping or touching the area will not work :oops: but it works as designed :idea:
Quote:
Alternatively, the MENU key (right next to right-alt and right-ctrl) will do what you want.
Thanks, this works, but not for the panel (using an external mouse for the moment).