All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 am 

Hello, first post here. Be patient. And sorry for posting in this section but I couldn't find a better way.

My account was manually created by Bill and Raquel (thanks again). My original registration details got lost (and I exchange email with somebody who has been waiting for long time for an activation). My emails to webmaster@genesi-usa.com don't get answered.

I am not sure if it's only me but I cannot seem to change my details on profile and I cannot change password. Is this the intended behaviour on the forum or is it a glitch?

Who should I contact if I have login/registration details? I am sure that if I contacted Bill he'd do it in a second but I wonder if there is somebody who is supposed to do this and I also wonder if the <webmaster@genesi-usa.com> is actually manned.

I am sorry but I think this should be clarified.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello, first post here. Be patient. And sorry for posting in this section but I couldn't find a better way.

My account was manually created by Bill and Raquel (thanks again). My original registration details got lost (and I exchange email with somebody who has been waiting for long time for an activation). My emails to webmaster@genesi-usa.com don't get answered.

I am not sure if it's only me but I cannot seem to change my details on profile and I cannot change password. Is this the intended behaviour on the forum or is it a glitch?

Who should I contact if I have login/registration details? I am sure that if I contacted Bill he'd do it in a second but I wonder if there is somebody who is supposed to do this and I also wonder if the <webmaster@genesi-usa.com> is actually manned.

I am sorry but I think this should be clarified.
webmaster@ is forwarded to me; I pick up and click all the account activations that aren't spam, but Google likes to occasionally throw them away into the Spam folder and we get a couple mails that don't even make it there (we have Postini filtering at the SMTP server). We get quarantine summaries every couple weeks, and I go through my spam folder to catch others, but sometimes some are missed and deleted automatically by the mail system.

I did see the mail you sent to Bill, but the account mail was probably already gone. We get so many fake account notices Google has started to notice and filter them..

webmaster@ is such a common address on the web that it's just going to get hammered. If at all possible people should mail sales@ if they have any problems (or support@ I think works).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 am 

Thanks Matt for the clarification. For the benefit of others who might have the same problem, apart from requesting a new randomly generated password, how do you change one yourself? Moreover on the main page I have this:
Code:
You haven't entered your user details such as full name and contact details. You will need to supply these before you can receive hardware under the Developer Programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thanks Matt for the clarification. For the benefit of others who might have the same problem, apart from requesting a new randomly generated password, how do you change one yourself? Moreover on the main page I have this:
Code:
You haven't entered your user details such as full name and contact details. You will need to supply these before you can receive hardware under the Developer Programs.
Click the [Profile] link under that message, and then edit the details. Address is under View Address on that page.

It's basically that we store your address so we can get it to FedEx and the full name is because we can't ship via FedEx to "emokid6969" - it has to be a real person with a real name..