All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 pm 

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to Bill Buck and the folks at Genesi for excellent customer service. I purchased an Efika MX Smartbook in February, and it suffered from severe accidental damage about a month ago. I called Bill and he had me send it in and they took care of it for me.

Thanks so much you guys! I am very pleased with this little machine. So far I have just been using it as it came ( aside from replacing the desktop environment with DWM ), but I am about to run out to Radio Shack and grab a serial connector so I can alter the boot method and start playing with Android, update the Ubuntu kernel, etc.

Also, where can I grab the Adobe flash plugin? I missed the blog post about not upgrading to Natty, and the flash plugin has somehow disappeared from the system ( no trace, unless I'm trying to find the wrong file ). I'm using uzbl, so should work fine... Can downgrade Firefox also if need be.

Thanks again, you guys!

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 pm 
Genesi

Your welcome! :)

FYI, we will have a special repository set up for the Flash plug-in soon. We just finalized our license agreement with Adobe.

Best regards,
R&B :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:45 am 

Genesi definitely has great customer service !

My MX Smartbook was not booting so i emailed them. André Siegel from Genesi was really helpful and sent a replacement in uberquick time.