All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 am 

The internal wireless card in the Smartbook won't connect to the ad-hoc wifi tether on my phone, but I have a USB wireless card that supports it. However, I don't think that the internal USB ports on the smartbook have enough power for the card, since it doesn't turn on and isn't recognized (other USB devices work). Is there any other way for me to connect to my wifi tether?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 pm 
Genesi

Hi Nick,

Could you provide more details? What type of a phone is it/what operating system/version? And the USB wireless card, it's going to be a matter of what chipset is it as well. There are some cards that do not have drivers in the 2.6.31 kernel. You might have luck with compiling compat-wireless. I need to try out compat-wireless again with a newer snapshot. The last time I did, it worked great with powersaving turned off (on the rt2800usb driver for our internal card). I've used compat-wireless to work with the ar9170, as well as rtl8192cu here.