Its been a while since i wrote something, therefore some things happened :)
- First i bought an USB HDD enclosure for using a SATA2 500GB HDD i used on another ARM board, but that board died 6 months ago, therefore the disk was unused. With so much space, i was now able to build a lot of stuff.
- I finally released the ARMv6J stages
(although those aren't optimized for the Efika MX). I also kept building the ARMv7A monthly stages
(which are optimized for the Efika MX).
- I created the ARMv7A
binary repositories. Both stable and unstable, so Gentoo users and developers from other distributions may use our binaries.
- Jeremy Olexa
did a nice job with the documentation for installing Gentoo on the Efika MX
. Try it out!
- I've been running the Efika MX non-stop since I got it, with no issues. Here's a sysinfo
Hostname: efikamx - OS: Linux 2.6.31-ER1/armv7l - Distro: Gentoo 1.12.13 - CPU: ARMv7 rev 1 (v7l) - Processes: 136 - Uptime: 72d 15h 40m - Users: 5 - Load Average: 1.37 - Memory Usage: 147.23MB/470.49MB (31.29%) - Disk Usage: 36.55GB/461.23GB (7.92%)
- I also worked on getting Chromium to work on the Efika, here's the history: http://armin762.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/google-chromechromium-keyworded-armthe-definitive-post/
So, from the list i did on the last post:
Whats left to do:
-Document it <- done by Jeremy Olexa
-armv6j stages <- done
-Play with CFLAGS <- no time, will be the next thing i'll do, i guess
-binary repositories for tinderboxing <- done