All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:56 pm 

KiloCORE got another mention again.
http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=36792

as I expected, this is why any platform/board will benefit if they also include it, theres masses of publicity just waiting for such a platform to have this family of PFGA chip on all their kit, that and my other AVC Encoding/decoding as you know will be massive for publicity if its timed right 8)

i might get a 8641D to play with and advocate one day !.

did anyone bring out a re-programable wireless 11G+ or by far a better option now, (pre)11N/(mobile)Wimax chip yet?, still cant find it if there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:29 am 

Quote:
That is a complicated read, but the firmware for the EFIKA and all our previous platforms will be upgraded in the next 45-60 days. We will offer new firmware for the EFIKA (and the Pegasos/ODW). We will define a new hardware specification outside of CHRP.
Will this Firmware Update include the Pegasos I aswell or only the Pegasos II?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:59 am 

I have a single little hardware specification request: Could you guys take out that joke of ATX power connector :D , and provide a single 12 V DC input? Powering the Efika is quite complicated right now: Although it only sucks a few wats, the obvious solution now is using an overly bulky, powerful and expensive PC power supply.
As the Efika uses very little power, I think that there should be enough space on board for some small voltage regulators, that should also be cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:17 am 
Genesi

First, the firmware will be upgraded for the EFIKA, then the Pegasos II and the ODW, this will be followed by a firmware upgrade for the Pegasos I. This will take some time, but it should be before (hopefully) or during the summer (most likely).

Saludos! ;)

R&B :)