It's a known bug unfortunately. I already asked around and it's something to do with the way it's linked or something. nobody wants to deal with debgging a 1 or 2GB plus linker process on ARM.
chromium runs great if you can get it built properly but it's also a beast to build and the binary before stripping is almost 700 something MBs. (now imagine building that on your average arm machine and it makes figuring stuff like this out a nightmare)
I tried to play with it but I didn't get very far. Hopefully someone in the debian project can fix it. I think there is an open bug already (at least I hope there is)
Senior Software Engineer
Genesi USA, Inc.