All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 pm 
Offline


Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:27 pm

24

Argentina
ARM was here:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... 0162468rH3

And this was my link to ARM® Processors:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... p?code=ARM

What's happening? just a website problem? or...who bought the i.MX LINE!!! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin


Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am

1589

Alamo Heights, TX
DrOctavius wrote:
ARM was here:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... 0162468rH3

And this was my link to ARM® Processors:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... p?code=ARM

What's happening? just a website problem? or...who bought the i.MX LINE!!! :)


More than likely it's scheduled maintenance, every now and again Freescale go through and shuffle things around. Remember its only just past midnight in the USA and this is when most website maintenance is done :)
Matt Sealey, Genesi USA Inc.
Product Development Analyst


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 pm 
Offline
Genesi


Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am

1421
Hi, Freescale has some minor changes that are being made on the site relative to some of their chip offerings. The relevant pages will all be back online soon. There is nothing to worry about! :)

R&B


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am 
Offline


Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:20 am

242
bbrv wrote:
Hi, Freescale has some minor changes that are being made on the site relative to some of their chip offerings. The relevant pages will all be back online soon. There is nothing to worry about! :)

R&B


Yet I must say I find it to be a strange practice to completely remove an entire platform from the website, just to do some minor changes to some chip offerings. And for quite some time as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm 
Offline
Genesi


Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am

1421
Stefan, it is a legal issue and involves contending intellectual property claims.

We are not worried about it. Freescale is dealing with the situation in a good way.

R&B :)


Last edited by bbrv on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:21 am 
Offline


Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:20 am

242
bbrv wrote:
Stefan, it is a legal issue and involves contending intellectual property claims.

We are not worried about it. Freescale is dealing with the situation in a good way.

R&B :)


However, *the history* tells us that when stuff mysteriously vanish from a corporate website, you know that the grim reaper is around swaying his scythe. Hoping for the best though...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 am 
Offline
Site Admin


Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am

1589

Alamo Heights, TX
takemehomegrandma wrote:
However, *the history* tells us that when stuff mysteriously vanish from a corporate website, you know that the grim reaper is around swaying his scythe. Hoping for the best though...


You don't have to worry about a thing.
Matt Sealey, Genesi USA Inc.
Product Development Analyst


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:42 am 
Offline


Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 am

195

Pinto, Madrid, Spain
Neko wrote:
You don't have to worry about a thing.


Really? It's been TEN days, and ARM products are still invisible in freescale's web site!

Is there any further explanation you could give? Or are things VERY delicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin


Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:39 am

1589

Alamo Heights, TX
jcmarcos wrote:
Neko wrote:
You don't have to worry about a thing.


Really? It's been TEN days, and ARM products are still invisible in freescale's web site!

Is there any further explanation you could give?


Nope. It's gone right now but it will be back. They are reorganizing a lot of content.. bottlenecked by sheer quantity of data and relatively few lawyers reviewing it all.

It'll take time. In the meantime the iMX515 ships as planned, and we have all the documentation access (which was private and NDA'd) we need, at least.

As an example; check the disclaimer here
Matt Sealey, Genesi USA Inc.
Product Development Analyst


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 pm 
Offline


Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:20 am

242
Neko wrote:
jcmarcos wrote:
Neko wrote:
You don't have to worry about a thing.


Really? It's been TEN days, and ARM products are still invisible in freescale's web site!

Is there any further explanation you could give?


Nope. It's gone right now but it will be back. They are reorganizing a lot of content.. bottlenecked by sheer quantity of data and relatively few lawyers reviewing it all.

It'll take time. In the meantime the iMX515 ships as planned, and we have all the documentation access (which was private and NDA'd) we need, at least.

As an example; check the disclaimer here


Reading the explanation on Freescale's website did indeed clarify things a bit...

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/sit ... ode=ITCWEB


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group