All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
any news about 3D drivers?

thanks!!
As far as I know there will be 3d drivers in the new apt repository that will be put up soon.

we are just waiting to get the server set up (moving to a new office and still setting up the network there)
Any news about when the server will be ready? Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 am 

Quote:
If you really need the packages now though. they are on the armhf + 3d image inside the /root directory. probably better to wait for the repo to come up though since markos has been working on those packages quite a bit since the time that that image was released.
Just tried them, and the 3d driver packages on the old armhf image do not work with the latest image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
If you really need the packages now though. they are on the armhf + 3d image inside the /root directory. probably better to wait for the repo to come up though since markos has been working on those packages quite a bit since the time that that image was released.
Just tried them, and the 3d driver packages on the old armhf image do not work with the latest image.
We're almost ready, there were some problems setting up a server, but honestly we should have it online tomorrow at the latest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm 

What's the URL for the server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm 

Now the server is up?
The line to add to the file sources.list is that?
Quote:
Quote:
We're almost ready, there were some problems setting up a server, but honestly we should have it online tomorrow at the latest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm 

Quote:
Now the server is up?
The line to add to the file sources.list is that?
Quote:
Quote:
Hi, yes, the server line will be that one (or better armhf.efikamx.com but .info will be operational also), sorry I was in whole-day meetings the past days so I did not really get the chance to rsync the server with my private one. I'll post instructions as soon as I finish the upload.

Apologies for the delay.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 am 

This is useful and true even for others?
I ask only because if is useful I will add in the wiki
Quote:
I have installed on my smartbook ssd this debian armhf , after that I rebooted and log as root user.
I have made adduser <my user name>, after that I have add <my user name> to group name:
Code:
audio,voice,video,users,netdev,plugdev
netdev is needed from wicd
audio is needed from gstreamer for audio
plugdev i believe that is needed for mount usb
in my case I have added <my user name> ad the end of the line ( file /etc/group) of the group name indicated.

for make thunar be able to mount the usb keys and sd is needed to do this steps:
In
Code:
/etc/pam.d/common-session
insert the line
Code:
session optional pam_loginuid.co
just before
Code:
session optional pam_ck_connector.so nox11
Create /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/consolekit.pkla with the
contents:
Code:
[restart]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
ResultAny=yes

[stop]
Identity=unix-user:brian
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
ResultAny=yes
In the same directory have udisks.pkla containing:
Code:
[udisks]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks*
ResultAny=yes
Code:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:46 pm 

debootstrap fails in the script for me currently. I tried de and dk mirrors, they both fail with the same issue :

Errors were encountered while processing:
libept1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libept1:
libept1 depends on libapt-pkg4.10; however:
Package libapt-pkg4.10 is not installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

I got this same error. Seems to be a Debian bug:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/20 ... 00378.html

I modified install-armhf.sh script, look for a line where debootstrap is called and add this command-line parameter after it:

--exclude=libept1

After this change I re-run the script and installation passed the problem point (still installing).
Quote:
debootstrap fails in the script for me currently. I tried de and dk mirrors, they both fail with the same issue :

Errors were encountered while processing:
libept1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libept1:
libept1 depends on libapt-pkg4.10; however:
Package libapt-pkg4.10 is not installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:14 am 

Man, if you would have said, that the drivers are not working and stuff: ok. But now I have to think about them rotting on your laptop for the last couple of months, Konstantinos, just because you are not able to upload them to an already kind of working webserver which spits out 404s? :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 am 

Hello,

The script is missing the "-e" option for echo when building the fstab (fstab in full of \t).
Moreover, for those who are looking for the debian repo look at this thread http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/vi ... ilit=armhf

Mathieu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:20 am 

try my modified version at https://github.com/wschaub/install-armhf

I've fixed some problems and added some new features. I plan to update the script a bit soon and do a new armhf desktop image as well.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:15 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi

I add the repo in my sources.list. But what i need to install ?
I only find debian-installer as package.

Does it change and arrived in the official debian repo ?

EDIT : My answer was found here :
http://library.powerdeveloper.net/index.php/Debian
(Thanks Google....)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am 

This image does include icewheasel as a main browser, which is basically a firefox with few additional paches from debian. There also a package in repository, which allows to improve Firefox performance, using hardware decoder, called imx-firefox-prefs, but it's not installable, because there is no way to install Firefox. But you may still install this package using a simple trick - you may use Equivs to make yourself fake firefox package with version > 9 and install it. After that package imx-firefox-prefs_2.1.1-20120430.1_armhf.deb becomes installable, which will hopefully make your icewheasel a bit faster.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
This image does include icewheasel as a main browser, which is basically a firefox with few additional paches from debian. There also a package in repository, which allows to improve Firefox performance, using hardware decoder, called imx-firefox-prefs, but it's not installable, because there is no way to install Firefox. But you may still install this package using a simple trick - you may use Equivs to make yourself fake firefox package with version > 9 and install it. After that package imx-firefox-prefs_2.1.1-20120430.1_armhf.deb becomes installable, which will hopefully make your icewheasel a bit faster.
There's nothing in imx-firefox-prefs that makes any "hardware decoder" functional - it changes a few tweaks that have existed in Firefox for a long while that enable more efficient use with the Flash plugin - the net effect being (and "net" is double use here) that proxy pipelining and maximum requests are increased so less calls through the plugin API have to be made to get the data the plugin needs.

On Squeeze most of this makes no sense at all. The Flash plugin won't work as it's softfp-only.