All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:23 am 

Hi All,

first, I apologize because my English is bad.
Unfortunately, there is a problem, which I do not know what to do.

I would like to develop a Clutter interface on Efika Smarttop MX (i.MX51) with running text which implies the GPU support (the processor can not handle the load). It works but any mouse event on the window ends in crash (Segmentation fault).

I removed libclutter packages (opengles), and I built a new library from source with eglx support. Test: problem is same. I wrote a program in C (first program is python), but problem is still same (my test program is very simple: new stage, set size, set color, show)
(Unfortunately, I am not a expert C programmer and I don't known the possible and simple correlations)

gdb displays:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x2aacc6e8 in memcpy () from /lib/libc-neon.so

What is problem?
Need I a new imx-libc-neon (compiling from git source)?
Need I a new kernel?

Thank you in advance for your help,

sajtmoly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:14 pm 

are you using ubuntu (maverick) or one of the debian images?

If it's one of the Debian images you can disable imx-libc-neon permanently by editing /etc/default/imx-libc-neon and setting PRELOAD_IMX_LIBC_NEON=no and rebooting.

I'm not sure how this works on maverick since I don't have maverick installed on any of my Efikas right now. but you should be able to edit /etc/ld.so.preload and remove /lib/libc-neon.so to disable pre-loading the libx-neon libs for that boot (it will likely be added right back on the next boot)

give that a try and let me know if it still crashes when running memcpy. if it does it's likely not a problem with imx-libc-neon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 am 

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes, I use maverick ubuntu (default OS) and the advice of the libc-neon is turned off (and I removed /etc/ld.so.preload).
Test: problem is same but now libc6 memcpy instead of libc-neon memcpy is source of problem :)

I thought that the clutter library is bad, because I have tested 2D/3D OpenGL ES ability and it was great (glmark2). Moreover I do not think memcpy function is bad in 2 basic libraries.

I try to build another clutter version, may be that it works.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:54 am 

I got an error message from python-clutter (hurray!):
Code:
Clutter-WARNING **: The required ID of 14967 does not refer to an existing actor; this usually implies that the pick() of an actor is not correctly implemented or that there is an error in the glReadPixels() implementation of the GL driver.
Actor is a Stage and only then does it when mouse moves over clutter area.
I tried put in a Gtk widget (cluttergtk.Embed()) and - big surprise - problem is some but only Clutter embed widget above otherwise all good. So the problem is sure clutter-eglx libraries.

You can not accidentally that the QT OpenGL package (qt4-opengl) supports the OpenGL ES 2.0?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 am 

You could try one of the more modern Debian images and see if that still gives you trouble. I have a squeeze Image that works really well (even if it isn't quite bleeding edge like the Debian armhf port) and I think there is at least one Debian unstable armhf image with the 3d stack pre-installed as well.

http://library.powerdeveloper.net/index.php/Debian has info on installing Debian on the Efika.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:49 am 

I built 4 versions of Clutter and unfortunately, all was bad.

I did Gtk + Cairo-based application (this was the best performance / speed of animation ratio) and presented to my the client. I think demo was acceptable (we watched from a distance), and when I brush the adventure of animation then he asked: "Why is the animation? I do not need it." It was bad for me because we worked a lot with it, also become easier my to do.

Maybe I'll try the debian image but just for fun. Currently the device is stable (10 items are) and the customer did not ask for more. Of course, I write my experiences.

Thank you for your replies, really thank you!