All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: NFS mount, and gstreamer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 am 

1. Has any one set up the NFS mount build environment, and can post the instructions. There is no redboot, and i saw somewhere in blogs the uboot did not support tftpboot.

2. With the 'minimal' build on the board i cannot launch startx/gnome or gst (gstreamer). Is the linux-2.6.31-ER1-efikamx.tar.lzma link on the blog today is the one to use for the full ubuntu 9.10 with GUI and gstreamer/VPU, etc.? Or there are more steps to add the gstreamer and GUI?

My system came with no docs or any CD. I do not find anywhere in the genesi site hw or software developer reference manuals for the Efika MX board.

thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Has any one set up the NFS mount build environment, and can post the instructions. There is no redboot, and i saw somewhere in blogs the uboot did not support tftpboot.

2. With the 'minimal' build on the board i cannot launch startx/gnome or gst (gstreamer). Is the linux-2.6.31-ER1-efikamx.tar.lzma link on the blog today is the one to use for the full ubuntu 9.10 with GUI and gstreamer/VPU, etc.? Or there are more steps to add the gstreamer and GUI?

My system came with no docs or any CD. I do not find anywhere in the genesi site hw or software developer reference manuals for the Efika MX board.

thanks.
Software developer manuals are on the Freescale website.

To install a desktop simply log in and use the following commands;
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade
sudo apt-get -y install ubuntu-standard ubuntu-desktop
The kernel will work for everything. We'll be providing graphics drivers in the next week or two, pending some testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:38 am 

Hi Matt,

I installed the gnome desktop per your list of commands (it downloaded about 450MB over Eth and installed a whole bunch). The desktop and firefox all works great. When i try to run any youtube video, it complains of plugins to be installed for h.264 and AAC (sound).

How do i get the gstreamer plugins with the VPU hardware acceleration working. I type gst-inspect, returns command not found.

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Matt,

I installed the gnome desktop per your list of commands (it downloaded about 450MB over Eth and installed a whole bunch). The desktop and firefox all works great. When i try to run any youtube video, it complains of plugins to be installed for h.264 and AAC (sound).

How do i get the gstreamer plugins with the VPU hardware acceleration working. I type gst-inspect, returns command not found.

thanks.
See other post; gstreamer0.10-plugin-ffmpeg is what you're looking for at this moment.