All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:05 pm 

Are there pascal programmers here?

My main goal for the efika is to use it as an game console like device, first using linux.

Browsing the power developer site i discovered how to create an kernel in c.

Now i can use that to start my in pascal written application. Or i could covert it completely to pascal. But as always pascal en c do not seem to be compatible.

So are there any volunteers here wanting to help me getting a pascal app to run from the loader or convert the loader to pascal code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:39 am 

I'm not a Pascal programmer, but someone, who programs in Pascal :-)

To my best knowledge, Pascal is for programming applications. It's not for writing an operating system with HDD / Ethernet / video / etc. drivers. FreePascal itself uses libc and linux / win32 system calls to work.

On the other hand, I just found, that even openGL can be used from Lazarus (a nice IDE for FreePascal). There is now a unit to use openGL from Pascal, which is a wrapper around the Linux C libraries. I don't expect it to be lightning fast, but something to create nice graphics with.

http://lazarus.freepascal.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:30 pm 

Quote:
I'm not a Pascal programmer, but someone, who programs in Pascal :-)
Ok i meant to say that.

Meanwhile i got the loader c example to start a function from a pascal unit. Now i need to clean things up before going on. Here is the result so far: http://www.noeska.com/downloads/newos2.tar.gz .
This does the magic for now so abbandon converting the complete c loader to pascal.

Using a linux kernel lazarus would be able to produce opengl applications. The idea with using the loader as a starting point is getting to build stand alone applications running on the efika without an os. E.g. Like a games console.

So now on getting to the framebuffer from pascal.

PS i like to stretch pascal to do things it is not intended for. Like running opengl apps on a nintendo ds with many thanks to legolas. (i got the nehe cube example running, not textured), or in this case trying to get a 2d game running on the efika without an os.

PS2 hee, je hebt Nederlands gestudeerd.