All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:50 am 

Interesting article the other day from the Free Software Foundation, "The road to hardware free from restrictions: How hardware vendors can help the free software community"...

http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/how_har ... _help.html

Which makes me wonder if the FSF are aware of the Power Developer programs and Genesi's efforts. There is no mention of a good example to emulate, and I think Genesi and the Power group are just that! The FSF article focuses on the problems but would have done well to demonstrate solutions in action. Also, I notice that the author seems to be focused on desktop hardware. The embedded electronics fields is at least equally as important in the long run! Desktop systems will eventually blur into consumer and other electronics, and vice-versa. There is no need to limit one's view or even really discriminate between the two mentally.

Nice little manifesto piece, anyway. I wonder if there is a way Genesi and Power.org/Powerdeveloper.org can leverage the attentions brought by FSF's article and gather some mindshare?

What do you all think?

Peace!
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:42 pm 
Genesi

We agree! 8)