All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Troubles booting EFIKA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:34 am 

Hi all. I got my EFIKA recently, and assembled it with a Radeon 7500, and a 10gig HD. When I try to power it up, she starts to boot, but I onle get the Radeon model message, and then the bPlan logo. I can't get to the ok prompt... I still have to try to get the serial output, but perhaps anyone know anything I can try until I get a cable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:48 am 

this is something we discussed a few times here already, check the other threads.
If you're stuck to the BPlan logo then it means your keyboard isn't recognized by the OF so the output is going to the serial port. Check your keyboard, plug one if you haven't and try other keyboards if you still can't boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:57 am 

Thanks a lot. I tried two keyboards, but I will try more xD. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:00 am 

Quote:
Hi all. I got my EFIKA recently, and assembled it with a Radeon 7500, and a 10gig HD. When I try to power it up, she starts to boot, but I onle get the Radeon model message, and then the bPlan logo. I can't get to the ok prompt... I still have to try to get the serial output, but perhaps anyone know anything I can try until I get a cable...
This is indeed a bug in the OF implementation, which fails to recognize some USB keyboards. The funny thing is that the Efika OF implementation fails to discover some USB keyboards which worked fine on the Pegasos. Oh well.

Anyway, i noticed that the logitech cordless keyboards which came with the ODW suffered from these issues, but that a simple reboot of the system made it show up.

Others say that hotpluging the keyboard once that the machine is booted make it work.

Another thing to try would be to connect the keyboard after an USB hub.

I hope that this issue will be fixed quickly by the skilled bplan OF team, and that we soon have an OF upgrade where this problem is fixed.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Post subject: Efika and keyboard
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:34 pm 

I've just got some problems with Efika and keyboard. Since I have no USB one, I've bought some el cheapo PS/2 mouse + kbd to USB adaptor. It seems Efika recognizes it somehow, as I get OF prompt. Unfortunately I can't type anything. I plugged it to Pegasos, Poseidon recognizes two interfaces (bootkeyboard and bootmouse), but neither keyboard nor mouse work. I'm going to check this crappy adaptor with a PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:39 pm 

i had the same issue... just press some key (like shift or ctrl (not the right ctrl)) during the keyboard flash, and it should work correctly... atleast here it worked...

bye, MarK.

Post subject: recognizing keyboard
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:59 am 

Thank you so much, Mark... I finally got all my parts together to start my project and when I tried to boot today you can only imagine how disappointed I was to be stuck at the blue "b" logo... After waiting about 1 year now. Whoo boy. But thaks to your suggestion, I managed to get it to come up properly by fiddling with the shift key as it powered up. Big sighs of relief over here, man. I was skeered for a minute there, you know? But we're all good now! :D

Peace!

Tim